Common health issues confronting creative individuals, more in particular, graphic designers are the tango of two things, sitting and staring. Sitting for long dragging hours for others and staring at the computer monitor for a very long time. Check out below for common health issues associated with this creative discipline.
1. Back Problems. Around 10% to 15% percent of reported back strain due to wrong sitting posture, long immobile sitting position and lack of exercise.
2. Eye Strain. Long and enduring creative warfare might not be conquerable with eyes being unguarded and not given enough protective arsenal. 13% percent of those at the creative market complained for eye strain.
3. Headaches. This is concomitant with eye strain, wrong sitting position and some other factors. Blood circulation needs to as effortless to the body as possible. But with prolonged sitting position, air supply to the brain is hampered.
4. Obesity. As obvious as it seems. You won’t be burning that much calories pressing your nose against a monitor and heating up you butt at a regular eight hour daily interval.
5. Stress. Dealing with fastidious client, or fastidious self, will definitely let the stress bug crawl up and munch on your happy bones. Besides, doing the same charade 8 to 10 hours a day seems to give you some emotional rust.
6. Sleep Disorder. Blue Light it seems to give you the blues of your off hours. Studies have shown that continual exposure to bright light of a screen tricks the brain into thinking it is still a big day light for you.