More often graphic designers prefer graphic pen over mouse for whatever reasons – artistic adventure, versatility, ease of use and pure angst. Nevertheless, graphic pen is one of the major graphic arsenal of Graphic Illustrators most specially for designing comic characters, animated characters and digital paintings.
As to what pen defines you as an artist differs at some point, considering different pens exudes varied outcome. Before we dive down into choosing our Top 10 Best Bet for graphic pens this 2019, you may want to take note these preliminary features in choosing graphic pen for yourself.
1. Work Area. This pertains to the area of the tablet where your pen takes effect. The bigger the area the bigger the entire unit will be. You might want to consider having a modest size if your work needs much zooming and dragging. However, size is not much of a deal if your doing basic lightweight illustration, the unit can adjust.
2. Underlying Features. Added operational mileage are also things to consider such as accessibilities, hotkeys, multi-touch and 4K monitor support. One feature you might want to consider are the hotkeys. This is easy and handy as your other hand is alienated from the usual mouse function.
3. Stylus. Do a dry run before buying your graphic tablet. See for yourself if you prefer to use a thick pointed stylus or the ones with then points. Usually, there are two types of stylus, the ones that are battery operated and the ones that uses EMR (Electromagnetic Resonance).
4. On-Screen or Flat Models. Although choosing the one over the other might be of two worlds apart when it comes to user experience, you have to consider your design options. If you tend to be mobile, you might opt for an on-screen pen tablet such as the iPad. If your stationary all the time, you might need only the flat ones that needs monitor. Or better yet, both.
5. Resolution. Resolution matters for designers and illustrators of large-scale projects. You need to consider LPI (Lines Per Inch) for you pen tab when choosing your unit. The higher the resolution, such as 4K monitor compatibility, the brighter and crispier the images produced by your artwork.
6. Built-in Scrollers. Monitors and graphic pen tablets are two worlds apart. Scrolling using your tablet versus a mouse might be of different experience, so you might want to consider this functionality before buying one.
7. Wired or Wireless. These two forms has advantages and disadvantages of themselves. Wired being stable because it is being hotwired to your monitor, so no fear of signal lag and interference. Wireless on the other hand, gives you the luxury of mobility, but lag and signal interference will sometimes gets into the nerve of your projects. No worries, this is more likely not to happen than it would.
And for the main dish, The Top 10 Graphic Pen and Tabs for Graphic Designers:
Wacom Pro Pen 2 and Wacom Cintiq 15.6” display work together to make your creative session productive and comfortable. The screen has an anti-glare film, preventing any distracting reflections. The full HD display provides great clarity, so you can see every detail on screen. The reduced parallax also gives you full control, so your cursor is precisely where you want it. All this combines to make drawing on Wacom Cintiq feel as natural as drawing on paper. (Wacom)
You can easily connect your phone to H610PRO V2 with the OTG connector; only mobile phone and tablet powered by Android 6.0 or above are supported. H610 Pro had been Huion’s best seller since its first release, now we have brought you the V2 version which has upgraded feature in many ways! Equipped with the tilt function, the pen supports ±60 levels tilt recognition, performing like traditional brushes. You can enjoy a real feeling of writing and painting.
The new pen itself has a silicone grip, which makes it sit comfortably in your hand, and its nib is very durable. The cover on the tablet used a top-graded material, which provides a smooth paper-like texture while stays anti-scratching. (Huion)
Battery-Free pen,you don’t need to worry about the power capacity, or battery leakage cause pen malfunction. Without a battery did reduce the weight of graphic pen, the light weight gives more comfort and handy nature feel during your designing work or art works. High Viewing Angle, Horizontal 170°and Vertical 170° Viewing Angle allow you to see the screen in a very comfortable way, you can put the monitor in everywhere and still easy to get clear view. (Parblo)
Smooth edge and round corners makes it more comfortable to use, reduce tiredness caused by long working hours. Made with hi-end materials, the 11-inch drawing area of this tablet boasts great performance and amazing touch sensitivity. 8 customizable shortcut press-keys keep your favorite functions close by, providing you with more efficiency and convenience.
Comes along with the Q11K tablet. It is our newest digital pen, the PF150. Compared to our previous pens, this one has a better grip and longer battery life. A new pen stand is also included, allowing you to put your pen both horizontally and vertically. (Huion)
Wacom Intuos Pro offers you more natural creative control than ever before. Combined with the super-sensitive Wacom Pro Pen 2, our sleek new tablet looks and feels amazing. Like to start your projects on paper? The Paper Edition enables to automatically convert paper sketches into digital files, as you draw. Perfect for your next creative breakthrough.
Wacom Pro Pen 2 has been engineered with a focus on achieving excellence, pushing limits, and honing the finest details to offer the unique Wacom experience that our customers love. (Wacom)
The Star 06 features both wired and wireless USB capability: Simply plug the included ISM 2.4G USB receiver into your computer to draw wirelessly, or connect the Star 06 to your computer with the included USB cable for standard wired use.
Our built-in lithium battery provides up to 16 hours of wireless use on a full charge! A full charge is reached after 2 hours plugged in via USB. The Star 06’s battery continues charging during wired use. (XP-PEN)
XP-Pen: X-Infinite, P-Possibility, Pen-Digital Pen. The Infinite is possible with the XP-Pen digital pen. Begin your creative journey today. XP-Pen-an professional and reliable supplier of graphics tablets, pen display monitors, stylus pens and more digital graphical products.
In 2005, XP-Pen was founded in Japan and began its research and development of graphic tablets. By 2008, we had established an office in Taiwan and made great strides in tablet technology. In 2013, XP-Pen Technology Co. was founded in the United States and propelled us into the North American and European markets. (XP-PEN)
With a compact active area of4 x 2.23″ (102 x 57mm) and lightweight, you will be able to take it anywhere to get your job or pleasure done. Draw, play OSU, sketch, edit files, input a digital signature and more. Combining 4000 LPI resolution and 2048 levels of pen pressure sensitivity, HUION H420 brings you excellent control of the thickness, transparency and color of your lines now even more responsively and naturally.
Carefully designed HUION special Digital Pen lets you draw and write naturally and comfortably as you would on real paper. Its buttons can be re-programmed for specific functions such as the right or left-click, just like a wireless mouse, and you can scroll documents and Web pages by simply pressing the middle button of the digital pen over the tablet working area. It can replace the mouse and fits both the left and right-handed. (Huion)
Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 offers our latest Wacom Pro Pen 2 and screen technology – and more space to connect to your work. Whether you work on Mac or PC, Wacom Cintiq Pro is our most advanced creative pen display, built for professional artists and designers.
Our state-of-the-art creative pen technology. 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity and unparalleled tilt recognition means that every stroke, every move of your hand is followed with unerring accuracy. Designed with 3D creativity in mind, the Wacom Pro Pen 3D provides full navigational control in 3D. (Wacom)
It’s all new, all screen, and all powerful. It’s all new, all screen, and all powerful. Completely redesigned and packed with our most advanced technology, it will make you rethink what iPad is capable of. The new all-screen design means iPad Pro is a magical piece of glass that does everything you need, any way you hold it.
The new Liquid Retina display goes from edge to edge. True-to-life color and ProMotion technology make everything look gorgeous and feel responsive. (Apple)
There goes your Top 10, or our top 10 of choice. These might just be our personal preferences, your might be totally different, for obvious reason that, purchasing capability, work demands, brand loyalty, user experience and some other preferences differs greatly to different people. That’s why you are called designers or artist in deeper note.
Thanks for Subscribing!
You’ll get it hot.
Fresh from the oven!